Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just your typical Friday...

This is how my morning went on Friday: take Carson to preschool, take Shalise to the doctor for moderate dehydration, pack for the cabin, wash and dry my hair in like 5 minutes, do the dishes, pick up Carson from school, take Shalise to the hospital for an IV (thank you to my mom for watching the boys for me so I could take her!), come home, pack the truck, leave for the cabin...
It was a busy morning to say the least! Shalise had been sick all week but was still eating and drinking ok. After she threw up Friday morning she was done with food and water, she wouldn't drink anything so I took her to the doctor. He said she was moderately dehydrated and that I should try for a couple more hours to get her to drink something and if she still wouldn't, then I should take her to the ER. So I kept pushing the liquids and she kept throwing her cup back at me. It was so sad, she laid on the floor all morning and wouldn't budge, she was very lethargic. Here is a picture of her, and all the toys are from Marcus. He was so cute, he kept bringing her toys to make her feel better. He was so concerned about her.
Shalise cried for a while after the put the IV in at the hospital but then fell asleep for the rest of the time we were there, which was great! After we got home, she perked up a lot and I could tell she was feeling better. We loaded up in the truck and headed to the cabin. We got there around dinnertime, ate and got the kids to bed. The next day Jake's brother met us at the cabin with his girls. We all went on a long ride and the kids had a lot of fun playing together. What a fun trip!

3 comments:

Rach said...

The same sort of thing happened to Jacob, only we took him to the doctor on a tuesday. He said it was nothing, but by friday Jacob couldn't lift his head off the pillow and was still throwing up everything we gave him. It's amazing how a bag of fluids will work miracles! He was climbing into his carseat by himself after that! So sorry you had to go through it. I'm glad she slept through most of it. It looks like you had fun at the cabin!

Shellee said...

Her hair is really growing. Wow.

Jenny said...

I'm glad she was feeling well enough for you to enjoy your family trip. sounds like you had fun.