Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Break

Well Spring Break went by pretty fast for the kids. For me it was kindof a blur since I was recovering from the concussion. I wanted to take the kids to a lot more things but I just didn't feel up to it. The first day of Spring Break we were in Moab, Tuesday we went to Heidi's house for the kids to play with their cousins. It was a really nice day so they jumped on the tramp with the sprinklers. We were there for a couple hours and the kids had a lot of fun. And it was nice for me to just sit and watch the kids and not have to do much. Wednesday we spent the day at the park with some friends, that was nice for me too to not have to do too much. I just sat and watched them play and relaxed. Thursday was colder weather so we did an Artic Circle day with some friends. Then Friday we went with some friends to the Herriman Rec Center. Jake got me some free swimming passes so I took the kids and some of their friends and they had a great time swimming! The two little ones have gotten so much more comfortable in the water and Carson had a lot of fun going off the diving board! So it wasn't quite the week we planned but the kids still had fun. And I was really proud of the kids for fending for themselves this week a little more than normal. I didn't get out of bed until after 9am every morning and they got pretty good at getting themselves going on breakfast and stuff. Actually I am pretty sure Shalise got the boys their breakfast. She is my independant one that does everything by herself, Carson is the helpless one that just yells for things til someone does it, usually Shalise. :) But the kids were pretty good to let me rest and just play. My house is kindof a mess but I can clean that later... Now all the kids are back in school and Spring Break made me a little excited for summer, so I can't wait until school gets out! :)

0 comments: