Monday, August 6, 2012

Carribean Cruise!

Jake's parents took all the kids and spouses on a Carribean Cruise this summer. It was 7 days and it was a lot of fun! The first day (or night I should say)  we got on the plane around 1am to Atlanta and then to Tampa. We had a little layover and then got there around 10am Tampa time. We tried to sleep on plane but it was really uncomfortable and stuff but we did manage to sleep a little on and off. We met up with Ben and Mindy and the airport and freshened up a little and then ate some lunch before boarding the boat. Once we got through all the lines they had a buffet on the boat, we met up with other members of the family. Once we got our luggage we unpacked and got ready for dinner. Dinner was at 6pm every night and we had a table just for the family. We checked out some shops and stuff on the boat after and then did a little 70’s dancing which was really fun.
Monday: We were at sea this day so we all went and ate breakfast and then saved a bunch of chairs out on the back of the boat to lay out and read and hang out. We had a pretty laid back day. We played bingo later and then we got ready for Formal night. It was kindof fun to dress up and we took lots and lots of pictures. We went to a comedy show that was pretty funny. Actually of all the shows the whole cruise, the comedy ones were the best.

Tuesday: We were in Cozumel. Ben and Mindy and Chris wanted to go Scuba Dive and the rest of us asked to go to a resort where we could snorkel and hang out. It was a beautiful resort and really empty so we didn’t have many people there at all. They had a pool too which I loved! I am not a fan of the snorkeling so I just watched Jake and the others snorkel. We ate lunch there and then headed back and did a little shopping and then got back on the boat. I think all I bought in Cozumel was a couple shirts for the boys. Oh we did get the boys some cowboy boots there too. And Marcus’s feet are too wide so his don’t even fit him. Maybe we can figure out a way to stretch them out...  :) I also got Shalise a little outfit there.

Wednesday: We were in Belize. This was my favorite place and excursion by far! We took a tender (which is like a ferry) to Belize and then went on a bus where the guide told us some things about the city. We were on the bus for about half hour or more and then he took us to a speedboat which we took for an hour to where the Mayan Ruins are. On the boat, a spider monkey, we named him Claus, jumped on at one point and took an apple out of this guys mouth who was on the boat with us and ate it. It was crazy! Belize looks a lot like Hawaii, so beautiful! Then when we got the ruins, we ate lunch first. The guide had brought an authentic lunch for us. It was chicken, coconut rice and platanos, very similar to Colombian food and what I grew up eating so I loved it! I bought the kids some beach towels at a little shop there and then we saw the ruins. It is said to be where the city of Jershon in the book of mormom was. The ruins were really cool and we enjoyed it a lot! Then we went back on the speedboat and the bus and back on the boat. It was a long excursion so we were really pushing it to get back on the boat on time. Then we had dinner and went to some shows and stuff on the boat.


Thursday: We were in Mahogany Bay in Roatan which is a little island off the coast of Honduras and can I just say I would move there now! I loved it! We took a van to go do some ziplines. We stopped first in a little shop to buy some stuff. I felt like the whole trip we were really rushed on shopping. I bought Shalise a traditional doll and dress from there and the boys some sling shots.  And then a couple magnets for the fridge. The ziplines were really fun. We had guides who made it really fun. We went on 13 in all and got to do some tricks and stuff on them. Jake’s Dad, Heather and Brian, Ben and Mindy and Nick and Britta and us went on this one. Sharon and Chris, Jake’s mom and Christine and Troy went to an iguana farm and somewhere to snorkel. After the ziplines we went to a beach that we didn’t like so they took us to one owned by the cruise line which was right next to the boat so we could be closer.  A lot of them went snorkeling and I got a floatie and laid on the ocean and it was great! Then we again went to dinner that night and roamed the boat like every night just hanging out.


Friday:  We went to the Cayman Islands this day to Grand Cayman. We took a tender (which is like a ferry) to the island and then did a little shopping while we waited for our excursion. I bought Shalise and myself a dress and then some salt and pepper shakers for me and for my parents, some swords for the boys, crayons for marcus and a fridge magnet. We then took a bus to a catamaran where they took us out to a place to snorkel. I stayed on the boat while everyone snorkeled, snorkeling is just not my thing. After that we went out to a sandbar to swim with Sting Rays. I again stayed in the boat and watched. Which was probably good because I am the only one who got any pictures since everyone else was in the water. The guides asked me where I was from because I didn’t look American, I told them my mom is from Colombia so they nicknamed me Colombiana!  We chatted a lot while everyone was in the ocean. Then on the way back one of the guides got a starfish for us to look at. Then we ate lunch at a place called “rackems” which was really good. It had coconut shrimp that was delicious! Then we had dinner and roamed the boat again.





Saturday:  We were at sea again this day to go back. I laid out for most of the morning after breakfast and read my book. Then around noon I went down to the room to check on Jake and he wanted to take a nap for a few minutes. We laid down and the next thing we knew it was 4pm! We hurried and got ready for dinner, it was another formal night. It was fun. We sat on the deck after dinner and Jake’s mom did a little awards show.
Dad:  Sponge Bob’s best friend
Christine: Girl with the many personalities
Troy: King of Peeping Tom, necklace changing personality
Brian: sexy body, late night dancer
Chris: Star performer
Sharon: Most popular
Heather: Sun worshipping goddess
Mindy: Most photogenic with prettiest smile
Ben: Best mom kisser
Britta: Most colorful and cutest clothes
Nick: posterboy and most hit on by other men
Jake: Most chaffed, king of Vaseline
Lilet: best souvenir shopper, best dancer
Sunday:  We went off the ship this day. Ate breakfast on the boat before we got off. We then went to a movie with Nick and Britta and Ben and Mindy and Jake’s parents. We had a lot of time til our flight left. We didn’t leave until around 5pm. We had a layover and then a bunch of delays on the second flight so we didn’t get home until almost 3am. We were pretty tired. The kids got up at 6:30am so we were really tired all day long. I did email Heidi back and forth a couple times. She told me that Carson lost his front tooth while we were gone. She took them swimming and on ranger rides and I think they had fun.  It was a fun trip and I think a little long for the kids but we sure did have an amazing time! 

0 comments: