Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stitches

Well I knew this day would come sooner or later with two little toddlers running around with no sense of fear. Marcus was outside today riding his little trike and went off of our cement patio onto the gravel. He couldn't keep up with the little trike and went over the top of it head first into the gravel. I saw him do it and didn't know he was bleeding until I went to go pick him up. I saw all the bloody rocks first and then as I turned him over, he had blood running all down his face. I got him inside and washed everywhere I saw blood until I could figure out where it was coming from. He had a little hole in his forehead that bled and bled and bled... I took him to the urgent care where me and two other nurses had to hold him down while the doctor stitched him up. He screamed bloody murder for what seemed like forever. When it was all said and done, all he got was 2 little stitches. So he's good to go now and hopefully we don't have to go do that again anytime soon! Pictures to come...

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Awww, his first biff off the bike! And so it begins....

The Fairbanks said...

SSssoooo sad! I do not look forward to those moments but I know they will come. I'm just glad it wasn't worse! And your kids are very photogenic! They are so dang cute! Thanks for the compliment though.

The Mortensen Family said...

Oh that's sad. Wait until they take them out. Parker was awesome when he got them, but he knew what was coming when we went back and he freaked out. We needed 3 nurses to hold him down. Sorry I haven't called you back we just got back from Vegas.