Thursday, January 1, 2009

Marcus Bedtime Mischief

Marcus has recently figured out how to get out of his playpen. So the night he figured it out, he spent the ENTIRE night coming out probably every half hour or so. I guess the only good news from this is that now we can make him sleep in his bed (that he hasn't loved) since the playpen doesn't keep him in anyway... So we decided we needed to put him downstairs in his own room so he wouldn't wake Carson up all night and Jake flipped the lock so we can lock him in and he won't come out. So the next night he cried for a little while but then was quiet so we figured we'd solved his sleeping problems since he went to sleep. I went in the next morning and he had completely stripped out of his pajamas and diaper and had peed all over the floor, fantastic... He did this the following day for his nap as well. So now we have to safety pin the top of his pajamas so he can't unzip them and for naps I have to put a belt on him so he can't take off his pants. So now that we have those two problems solved, today during his nap he decided to tip over a basket that I had in there blocking the closet and pulled out coats and blankets and every single thing that was in that closet and put most of it in his playpen. So I guess next I need to clear absolutely everything out of the closet and get rid of anything that may distract him so he has nothing to play with. Although at the rate he is going, I have a feeling it's always going to be one thing after another with him. Little mischevious night boy what can we say...

4 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

You should see Lincoln's room. All that is in there is basically a bed. It keeps me sane and it keeps him bored so he'll go to sleep. Kids are so funny huh?! One day Lincoln decided to put on layers and layers of clothes (opposite of Marcus's idea). . . I guess he figured out how to put them on but couldn't get them off. . .he woke up in a HUGE sweat. What's a mom to do?

Wendy said...

Hi Lilet, I found your blog from Jenny's. Cute kids. Send me your email and I will send you an invite to mine. wendybascom(at)gmail(dot)com

Cheryl said...

Sounds like he'll always be one step ahead of you. :) I like the safety pin idea. A friend of mine had the zipper kind and cut out the feet and zipped them on backwards. Good luck with finding out what works for him.

Rach said...

We had the same problem with the jammies and diaper removal, and used a safety pin as well. There was also the Desitin incident (Desitin doesn't come out of ANYTHING, so be sure it's out of reach), the "I'm stuck on this table incident," and many more. Kids are very good at expressing their displeasure, aren't they? Good luck with Marcus.