Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sledding At Soldier Hollow

My work had their "Christmas party" over the weekend at Soldier Hollow. We usually celebrate in January when things are less hectic. They had tubing and then dinner. When we got there originally we had planned to let our kids just tube on the bunny hill that the place had advertised until we realized it was pretty much non existent. So then I decided to try out the big hill with Carson. We got our tubes and they have a line that pulls you up which is great cuz you don't have to walk and then you go down the hill. This particular time Carson and I did not have the slick things you put under the tubes so we went down REALLY slow... I pretty much pushed Carson the whole way down. So after we got down and I was completely exhausted from pushing him down, I told Jake that Marcus was probably fine going down too seeing how it was so slow and all... Then we saw people with babies sitting in these cute little baby tubes. So we put Shalise in one to see how she liked it. She LOVED it. She just smiled and smiled and kicked her little foot up and down and was so happy. So we decided to head up the hill and try it with all the kids. They don't let kids go on your laps but you can hold their tubes when you go down, so Jake and I held on to all the kids and we all went down together. It was so much fun! I was little nervous taking such young kids to do this but it turned out great. The kids absolutely loved it and kept saying, Again, again!! For them I guess what's not to love, sitting in a tube with someone pulling you around everwhere, just kicking back and enjoying the ride. :) Jake and I on the other hand were completely exhausted when we got home from hauling 5 tubes and 3 kids around, talk about a great workout!! It was so nice of my work to take all of us and I think it's something we will definitely do again, we had a great time!

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

That is a fantastic shot of you all getting towed, and the one of Shalise in the tube is just laugh-out-loud precious!

Rach said...

It's awesome that your little kids loved it so much. Shalise is so adorable and so brave!

Alli said...

Looks like fun :)

Cheryl said...

Wow, what fun. We'll have to try it some time too.