Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stitches Again...

Marcus got stitches yet again a couple days ago! I was on the computer and he was behind me playing with the oven. Yes that's right, I'm that kind of mom that lets my kid open and close the oven... Actually not so much lets him as much as tells him to stop a hundred times and gets tired of telling him to knock it off. So a minute later he comes over crying and there is blood all in his hand. It bled for a long time and it was a little flap so I called my doctor that was on call (because of course this was the day after Thanksgiving and the office was closed) and decided I'd probably better take him to have it looked at since everytime he touched it, it would bleed again and he wouldn't leave a bandaid or anything on it. So we went to the instacare and he got two little stitches. It looks a lot worse than it is because I have to wrap it like crazy or he just takes it off. I think the worst part of being at the instacare was having to tell the doctor how it happened... He was playing with an oven? Yes an oven... I'm a great mom I know... Here are some pictures:

Marcus has been having a hard time eating but lucky for him his brother is more than happy to feed him! Here is a little video:

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

ohhh, you are a good Mom. Bu that is funny about the oven. When Elizabeth broke her leg, I had to explain how that happened. Yeah, a TV fell on it! Crazy, I know!Long story, but we must have told 20 people at the hospital and then of course we had to explain, because everyone asked..."How did a TV fall on her leg?" That was lots of fun!

The Mortensen Family said...

I swear Marcus and Marissa are clones. I tell her over and over to stop playing with the oven and she doesn't ever listen. I feel like I am constantly taking her away from the kitchen. I hope he gets the bandages taken off soon. Poor guy!

Cheryl said...

What an adventure. Sorry to hear about it during the Thanksgiving break. I think more accidents happen durring holiday times. What a funny story for Marcus to tell when he's older.

Heather said...

Hey Lilet. Got your Christmas card yesterday with your blog address on the bottom and just wanted to tell you what a cute family you've got. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. Take care. Heather Peacock (seeapeacock.blogspot.com)

Meg and Terr said...

haha, you have the cutest little kids. :) Amazing how much fun a kid can have with an oven...and then I guess not so much fun! Poor little guy.

Jenny said...

hey Lilet, we just got your Christmas card today, HUGE congrats on adopting a beautiful little girl. What a great family you have, I'm sure you never have a dull moment! If you want to see our blog, just email me at pjeds@hotmail.com and I'll add you to my invite list.

LeeAnn said...

Classic! Though I have a feeling that is not the craziest injury story of his childhood--the best is yet to come! Glad he didn't get broken on my watch!