Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Broken Toe

So I broke my toe this morning with a crowbar. How did I break my toe with a crowbar you might ask? Well Carson likes to play with this bin of Jake's tools that is on the floow in the garage. The same bin that I've been asking him to put up somewhere for days... Well Carson was "fixing" his bike with the crowbar, why a crowbar? I have no idea, but it got stuck and I came over to help him get it out just as he yanks it out. It flies in the air and comes down right on top of my big toe. Carson immediately starts saying, "I'm sorry Mom! I didn't mean to, I'm sorry, I won't hurt you anymore, I'm sorry!" He felt so bad. Good thing I love the kid so much because man did it hurt!! I was absolutely dying for like an hour after it happened and decided to go to the instacare. It's a hairline fracture, so just enough to be broken but not enough to do anything about it. The bottom part of my toenail was completely blue from the blood under it so they did poke a hole in my toenail to drain the blood. I don't know if it was the needle, or the blood, the pain or all of the above but I just about passed out. She asked me if I was ok because my face was white and I was like ya, I think I'm going to lay down, a little lightheaded... So after all that I really can't do much for it but suffer through the pain until it starts feeling better. I have a walking shoe which helps since I can't wear any of my normal shoes without excrutiating pain. So if you have a three-year-old and a crowbar, I would probably keep them away from eachother... :)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

OUCH!!! So sorry. Good news, it should be feeling better in about 1.5 weeks. Hang in there.

Amanda Lynn Smith said...

Oh! I am so sorry! Not fun!!! No crowbars, check!!!

Ashley said...

Yikes! So sorry about your poor toe! It's hard to put on a brave face infront of your kids when your in MAJOR pain!

Rach said...

Ouchy. I love Carson's reaction to it. And I will be sure to keep all crowbars away from children (or Tim, for that matter, because I really don't know what we would have one for).

Jenee said...

Eck! I had to have a hole drilled through my thumb nail when I was little. Don't remember much about it but I do remember the Carebear my Mom bought me afterwards :) Still have it. Maybe Carson could use a stuffed animal now