Thursday, May 21, 2009

So much for not having a cast...

I went up to Primary Children's yesterday and Carson wasn't able to get around having a cast. He did really good while they took X-rays and put the cast on. He is so talkative he just asks all kinds of questions while they are working on him, he kept saying what are you doing? what's that? what for? what does that do? I'm sure the nurses got sick of 20 questions with him! But he was really good. I was a little dissapointed at first that he had to get a cast but now I think it's actually better. I think it will protect his elbow more when he falls since he's fallen down on his arm like every day since it happened! I think it won't hurt him so much. I can tell he was already feeling better today because he came up to me and said, Mom! My arm doesn't hurt anymore, it's all better! Then he wanted to take the cast off... Ya unfortunately can't do that for a while... He has to wear it for 4weeks but the good news is that he gets it off 2 days before we go to California! I was afraid he wasn't going to be able to go swimming or to the beach or anything but looks like he'll be able to so YAY!! :)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good to hear it's on the mend and that your trip won't be affected. Good luck living with it until then.

Valeri Crockett said...

What a trooper! I hope it mends well and he gets good movement in that elbow afterward!

That is so fun your going on a trip. . . I am a big fan of vacations!

Rach said...

Having had many a cast, my heart goes out to Carson for the itching. But it sure does make the healing go faster. I'm glad it won't affect your vacation!