Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Locked out, yes, again...

Seriously, how many times are my kids going to lock me out of places... This time we were at the Chick-fil-A. I had just put Carson and Marcus in the car and my purse on the passenger seat. Then as I was walking around the car to go buckle Carson into his carseat, he jumps the seat and totally locks the door. Then I sit there for like 10 minutes trying to convince them to open the door for me and they just sit there laughing like it's the funniest thing ever. I threatened to take away all kinds of things, toys, TV, their bikes... I even told Carson if he didn't open the door I was going to put his bike in the garbage can and he tells me, "No mom, you can't, it's too big..." Nice that my 3-year-old totally sees right through my bluff. Eventually he did open the door and let's just say they are in big trouble. I don't think there will be any TV or bike riding at our house for a while... And I guess I need to make sure I always have my car key on me and not with my mischevious boys in the car!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Been there. I know the things we learn after the fact. I still have to keep reminding myself to always have my keys with me.

Valeri Crockett said...

No way! What little stinkers! I'm glad they finally opened it. phew!

Liz said...

I am glad he finally opened the door. I felt so bad for you.

Alli said...

That sucks. at least you didnt lock your kids in the car. i have put peyton in her carseat, thrown my purse with all of my stuff in the front seat and somehow the door locked and i was locked outside of the car at 9pm at night. just make the habit of not throwing your keys in the front and keeping them on you at all times until you get in the car.

skcoe said...

How do kids know we're bluffing? I hate that. I hope you put his bike in the garbage, at least for a little while. I'm laughing myself sick right now at the thought of you running around the car begging to be let back in.

Hang in there! They just get more mischevious.

Anonymous said...

Thats Fantastic!